Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Monday 22 August 2011

I Feel Love

I didn't get to a car boot sale yesterday, but here are the last two LPs bought the previous Sunday.  Firstly this, bought for 50p:

Donna Summer - I Remember Yesterday (1977)

Donna Summer's I Remember Yesterday was her fifth album and features probably her most famous song as the final track; the Morodor-produced I Feel Love.  Of the four singles from the album released in the UK this was the biggest success, staying at no.1  for eleven weeks.  Here are the Spotify links for this track, plus another of my faves:

Donna Summer – I Feel Love                    Donna Summer – Black Lady

Lastly, bought for £1.50 was Souxie & The Banshees' Nocturne:

 
Souxsie & The Banshees - Nocturne (1983)

This live double LP was recorded over two successive nights at the Royal Albert Hall in the autumn of 1983, with the Cure's Robert Smith filling in for the recently-sacked John McGeoch.
 
It includes two Lennon & McCartney covers; Helter Skelter and Dear Prudence.  The latter was recorded in the studio the same year and released as what turned to be their most successful single, charting in the UK at no.3.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment