Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Disco diva

On Sunday I popped over to Aldeburgh with two of my sisters.  After stuffing ourselves on chips and ice creams we had a look around the shops and I got this LP in the charity shop for £1:

Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye (1975)


The title track reached no.2 in the UK charts, and features on side 1 as part of an uninterrupted disco mix with the other two single releases Honey Bee and a cover of Reach Out, I'll Be There.  The album reached no.32 in the UK and no.25 in the US pop chart (#21 in the R&B chart).

Just for fun, 'cos I've never used the video function on my camera in all the years I've had it, let alone uploaded one, here's the first song from side 2, All I Need Is Your Sweet Lovin', playing on my Dad's old Dual HS 34.  He bought this record player in Berlin whilst posted there with the RAF in the 70s, and now it's mine after a recent loft clear-out.  You may need to whack up the volume a little, and yes, it does skip at around the 2.50 min mark!


Gloria Gaynor - All I Need Is Your Sweet Lovin'

1 comment:

  1. Very clever - I've never used the video function on my camera, ever!

    ReplyDelete