Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Thursday 8 September 2011

Love Me Do

Now it's September and the weather is already taking a turn for the worse, car boot season is coming to an end.  This gives me the opportunity to post about vinyl that I've found at car boots sales and charity shops before I started this blog back in July.

I'll start with my favourite buy of all, a mono copy of the Beatles' debut album Please Please Me (1963), bought for £2 earlier this year.

The Beatles - Please Please Me (1963)

It has a little bit of crackle (just the right amount in my opinion!) and jumps once on Twist & Shout, but I'm as pleased as anything with it 'cos it's a brilliant record, still so vibrant and exciting.  The beginning of an amazing story, too.

Here's a little film of I Saw Her Standing There:


The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There

The fact that it spent thirty weeks at number one, only to be knocked off by their next album With The Beatles, is incredible.  No artist these days could comprehend such a statistic, unless of course their name is Adele!

No comments:

Post a Comment