Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Friday 28 October 2011

Flash! Ah-aah!

Queen's soundtrack to the 1980 Flash Gordon movie set me back £1 the other weekend:

Queen - Flash Gordon O.S. (1980)

This was Queen's ninth album, and it features mainly instrumental pieces, the exceptions being the single 'Flash' ("Flash's Theme" on the album) and 'The Hero'.
It's a mixture of movie dialogue, guitar rock and synth-rock, with some small portions of the orchestral score (by Howard Blake).

The album reached no.10 in the UK and no.23 in the US.  Here's Flash's Theme:






1 comment:

  1. I shall now be humming that all weekend - and I shall blame you ;)

    Hope you get booting on Sunday? There's one @ Stratford - I don't think I'll risk it - the ground is too uneven :(

    ReplyDelete