Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Car Boot Vinyl Diaries

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Nothing To Fear

Sunday's car boot sale had lots of old vinyl to flip through.  The morning had started cold but by the time I'd worked my way around the field I was thoroughly warm and in the possession of ten LPs, most of which cost 50p or a pound.

This was £1:

Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame (1982)


This second album, coming after 1981's Speak & Spell was Depeche Mode's first without Vince Clarke, who'd left to start Yazoo.

A Broken Frame is generally seen as their weakest album.  I can see why this is the case but for me it has several high spots, including the instrumental Nothing To Fear and the singles Leave In Silence and See You.

It marks the beginning of the change from the poppy debut towards their later, much darker material, and reached no. 8 in the UK album chart.



No comments:

Post a Comment